Response to acute endotoxemia in cirrhotic rats
In cirrhosis, the levels of proinflammatory cytokines are high in the liver and blood. Endotoxin decreases level of consciousness in cirrhotic rats. Phosphatidylserine exists in the cell membrane structure and is essential for the survival of neurons. Phosphatidylserine receptor is found in phagocytic cells and also activates the signaling of membrane proteins in apoptotic process. Therefore this study was aimed to explore the hypothesis that hepatic encephalopathy is prevented by phosphatidylserine treatment and if so, whether this is associated with altered level of proinflammatory cytokines in the brain.
Cirrhosis was induced by surgical ligation of the bile duct in male Wister rats. The groups were treated with phosphatidylserine and saline for 4 weeks. Brain IL6, TNFα and the expression of phosphatidylserine receptor were assessed. Intraperitoneal injections of either saline or lipopolysaccharide (0.1 mg/kg) were administered to each group. Finally, animal behavior, blood ammonia and the expression of toll like receptor 4 were examined in the brain.
Cirrhosis in rats was associated with altered expression of toll-like receptor4 in brain cortex and phosphatidylserine treatment increases toll-like receptor4 receptor expression. Phosphatidylserine had anti-inflammatory effect in healthy rats but no effect in cirrhotic rats. Chronic phosphatidylserine treatment decreased blood ammonia in BDL cirrhotic rats treated with lipopolysaccharide.
The brain of cirrhotic rat is more susceptible to acute endotoxemia and chronic phosphatidylserine treatment decreases blood ammonia and encephalopathy in cirrhotic rats by encountering endotoxin. Phosphatidylserine may boost immune system against endotoxin.
- Expression and Purification of a Recombinant Enterotoxin Protein Using Different E. coli Host Strains and Expression Vectors
- Immobilization of Recombinant E. coli Cells in a Bacterial Cellulose-Silk Composite Matrix To Preserve Biological Function
- Study of the effects of 3.1 THz radiation on the expression of recombinant red fluorescent protein (RFP) in E. coli
- Overproduction of recombinant E. coli malate synthase enhances Chlamydomonas reinhardtii biomass by upregulating heterotrophic metabolism.
- Expression and purification of functional recombinant CUL2•RBX1 from E. coli
- a universal protein array system for quantitative detection of protein-protein
- blocking peptide
- body weight and body mass index on patients with hypercholesterolemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Cotranslational protein-RNA associations predict protein-protein interactions.
- Diagnostic performance of circulating exosomes in human cancer: A meta-analysis.
- Effects of plant protein and animal protein on lipid profile
- Predicting protein-protein binding sites in membrane proteins.
- protein-RNA and protein-ligand interactions.
- The functions of CAP superfamily proteins in mammalian fertility and disease.
antibodies in blood antibodies in blood test antibodies in saliva antibodies joke antibodies medical meaning antibodies movie antibodies online antibodies test antibodies test 19 antibodies test for antibodies test for coronavirus antibodies vs t cells assay kits a universal protein array system for quantitative detection of protein-protein biology cells and energy biology cells and molecules biology cells definition body weight and body mass index on patients with hypercholesterolemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Diagnostic performance of circulating exosomes in human cancer: A meta-analysis. DNA Effects of plant protein and animal protein on lipid profile Elisa Kits Predicting protein-protein binding sites in membrane proteins. protein-DNA Proteins RNA test kits for ionizer systems test kits for mdma test kits for meth test kits for mold test kits for molly test kits for nursing homes test kits for ph test kits for pools test kits news test kits ny test kits usa The functions of CAP superfamily proteins in mammalian fertility and disease. UPA vector virus definition vector virus example vector virus introduction vector virus relationship victor virus victor virus cartoonmania