Response to acute endotoxemia in cirrhotic rats
In cirrhosis, the levels of proinflammatory cytokines are high in the liver and blood. Endotoxin decreases level of consciousness in cirrhotic rats. Phosphatidylserine exists in the cell membrane structure and is essential for the survival of neurons. Phosphatidylserine receptor is found in phagocytic cells and also activates the signaling of membrane proteins in apoptotic process. Therefore this study was aimed to explore the hypothesis that hepatic encephalopathy is prevented by phosphatidylserine treatment and if so, whether this is associated with altered level of proinflammatory cytokines in the brain.
Cirrhosis was induced by surgical ligation of the bile duct in male Wister rats. The groups were treated with phosphatidylserine and saline for 4 weeks. Brain IL6, TNFα and the expression of phosphatidylserine receptor were assessed. Intraperitoneal injections of either saline or lipopolysaccharide (0.1 mg/kg) were administered to each group. Finally, animal behavior, blood ammonia and the expression of toll like receptor 4 were examined in the brain.
Cirrhosis in rats was associated with altered expression of toll-like receptor4 in brain cortex and phosphatidylserine treatment increases toll-like receptor4 receptor expression. Phosphatidylserine had anti-inflammatory effect in healthy rats but no effect in cirrhotic rats. Chronic phosphatidylserine treatment decreased blood ammonia in BDL cirrhotic rats treated with lipopolysaccharide.
The brain of cirrhotic rat is more susceptible to acute endotoxemia and chronic phosphatidylserine treatment decreases blood ammonia and encephalopathy in cirrhotic rats by encountering endotoxin. Phosphatidylserine may boost immune system against endotoxin.
- Expression and purification of functional recombinant CUL2•RBX1 from E. coli
- Production of bioactive recombinant human fibroblast growth factor 12 using a new transient expression vector in E. coli and its neuroprotective effects
- Bladder Cancer QC
- Xpert Carba-R QC Panel M219
- Atmospheric Pressure Plasma Jet Treatment of Polymers Enables Reagent
- a universal protein array system for quantitative detection of protein-protein
- blocking peptide
- body weight and body mass index on patients with hypercholesterolemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Cotranslational protein-RNA associations predict protein-protein interactions.
- Diagnostic performance of circulating exosomes in human cancer: A meta-analysis.
- Effects of plant protein and animal protein on lipid profile
- Predicting protein-protein binding sites in membrane proteins.
- protein-RNA and protein-ligand interactions.
- The functions of CAP superfamily proteins in mammalian fertility and disease.
a universal protein array system for quantitative detection of protein-protein biology cells worksheet biology cells worksheets answers biology cells worksheets pdf body weight and body mass index on patients with hypercholesterolemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. cannabis assay kits cdna 260/280 creatinine assay kits Diagnostic performance of circulating exosomes in human cancer: A meta-analysis. DNA Effects of plant protein and animal protein on lipid profile Elisa Kits Gene mineral assay kits msd assay kits panela panela cheese paneles solares paneling paneling for walls panelist panella panelling panelpolls panels4less panel siding panel tactil paneltronics panel truck panel van particles and atoms peptides t3 peptides tadalafil peptides vs hgh peptides warehouse peptides warehouse scam Predicting protein-protein binding sites in membrane proteins. Protein protein-DNA protein-RNA and protein-ligand interactions. Proteins Reagents RNA The functions of CAP superfamily proteins in mammalian fertility and disease. UPA